I am in fifth grade at Riverside Elementary. I am doing a school project where I am instructed to contact an author and ask them a few questions. I decided to email you because I have read your book, “A Wrinkle in Time” and I loved it. I am a fan of science fiction books! If you can, please answer these questions honestly:
1. How did you get the ideas for your books?
2. How much time do you spend researching for a book?
3. How do you pace yourself in writing a book and why?
4. What is your goal when writing a book?
5. What is your favorite part of the writing process?
6. Which appeals more to you to write about: non-fiction or fiction?
7. How has your writing changed you?
Thank you very much!
Dear Luke, thanks for writing! Madeleine died in 2007, but she wrote a a great deal about her writing process in her nonfiction works like Walking on Water and A Circle of Quiet. Those books might not interest you yet, but a good place to start is this speech of hers: http://www.madeleinelengle.com/wordpress...
Why was A wrinkle in time banned for the affiliation of religion and witchcraft?Madeleine L'Engle responded on 04/24/2017 Next question
Where can one find A Wrinkle In Time Narated by the author? My daughter had it in tape when she was young, but we can't find it in any other form!Madeleine L'Engle responded on 05/08/2017